Sibongile Mongadi was born and raised in the township of Soweto, studied Entrepreneurship at CPUT.
In the year 2017, she formed an initiative called Soweto Young Women Empowerment advocate because she believes in the power of transforming societies and drive change worldwide. In 2018 she graduated from ACTIVATE! leadership and she is part of the 3 500 young leaders in South Africa who’re driving change. She’s also a volunteer professional mentor at FBA (Faculty of best advisory) and ambassador of Club readership publishing company which seeks to celebrate African stories and runs monthly book club.
- She is recognised as one of the Top 25 Emerging Social Innovators across Africa by Amex
- She qualified to the semi-finals at Ekasi Township Entrepreneur 2018
- Cape Town Startup Bootcamp Finalist Hackathon 2018
- 3rd place winner Social Innovation Summit 2018
- South Africa Innovation Summit HSRC Innovation Data Hackathon finalist 2018
- (TYI) Top 100 Young Independent Innovator 2018 in the SADC region
I have been selected to travel to India and represent South Africa at the Global Accelerator Programme taking place in Delhi and Bangalore 12th -19th January 2019, a delegation that seeks to bring about dialogue-for-solutions between aspiring entrepreneurs and vibrant leaders on how to spearhead change in areas and create a global entrepreneurial movement growth through global exposure.
Sibongile’s aim to contribute in creating a promising future for South Africans, Africa youth and the world, that’s why she strives to elevate her leadership and implement the best practices.
She’s pleading for donations and hopes to reach her R10 000 target before 5 December 2018.
Account Holder: Sibongile Mongadi
Account number: 62427750543
Branch Code: 250 655
Account Type: Savings